Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Pilot

Welcome to the wonderful world of Dan and Lisa. I am copying and pasting some posts from my old blog so that our entire "story" (starting with the engagement) is on this blog.

Before I do that, I'll tell you (the mysterious "you") a little bit about ourselves, starting with now and going back.

Daniel is from Utah. He is studying Facility and Property Management and has one semester left! He will be done with his bachelor's in December 2012. Currently we are in Washington as he has a summer internship with Boeing. Dan served his mission in Oakland, California and towards the end served in San Jose. He graduated high school in 2007, and was on the football and wrestling teams (that's right I married a stud). He is a real live cowboy! Also studly. By that I don't mean that he wears boots and a cowboy hat everywhere he goes, although he does like country music. His dad owns a bunch of Angus cows so Dan grew up helping out on the ranch. Dan loves watching/playing basketball and his favorite team is the Utah Jazz. He loves teasing and tickling and acting like an ROUS. He likes real estate, peanut butter, and camping.

I (Lisa) am from the good old AZ! I just graduated in April with my bachelor's in Sociology. Wahoo! I want to go back and get my master's (time yet to be determined) in Social Work and end up doing some sort of counseling for juvenile delinquents (or middle or high school students in general), domestic violence victims, or just basically anyone who needs rehabilitation. I also graduated high school in 2007 and was a die-hard band nerd. Marching band was my thing. I played the flute and all three saxes (alto, tenor, and bari, my preference being the latter). I also play the piano, which is my favorite. I like arts and crafts (painting, crocheting, jewelry-making, etc.), cooking/baking, and making lists. I also enjoy studying/speaking Spanish and want to learn Portuguese, ASL, and maybe French or German. Through blogging, I've also learned that I really like parentheses, so bare with me.

Dan and I met at school in April 2010. In a field playing frisbee to be more precise. We were in the same ward and were the best of friends for a long time. One thing led to the next and we started dating on May 1, 2011. We actually started dating before then, but Dan didn't know it (girls are so weird and I do not exclude myself from this statement). So May 1 is the official day, since that's when we first kissed. And just for history's sake, I should mention that the phrase "one thing let to the next" entails a long, drawn-out and dramatic story that involved much chasing, waiting, and patience.

We were betrothed on August 24, 2011.

We were wed on December 27, 2011.

We plan to visit all 50 states, travel to multiple countries, buy/fix up/rent out houses, live in the western US, and have 20 children (Dan wants his own fleet).

So I guess that's us in a nutshell. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment