Friday, November 23, 2012

Seattle

Alright, it is finally time to finish posting about our summer in Washington. Lauren, your wishes have been granted....I inherited my grandma's laptop which she doesn't use anymore so hopefully the posts will be more frequent.

Sometime around the 4th of July, my parents, Dan, and I went to Seattle. This post will probably be rather brief word-wise because I just want to get caught up. Here's a far away view of the city. Sorry for the crappy dots from my camera...too lazy to edit it.


As we were walking to the Space Needle, we came across Thomas Street. So naturally my daddy posed for it! (His name is Thomas)


Space Needle


Guy playing a zillion instruments at once for tips outside the Space Needle.


View from the Space Needle




There was a huge Chihuly garden right by the Space Needle, so Mom and I went. The men had no interest in going haha. Here are some of my favorite pieces we saw.







Glass ceiling with Chihuly flowers on top, kind of like the ceiling in the Bellagio.
















This one reminded me of rock candy.




After the Space Needle and Chihuly garden, we headed to the Public Market to try the self-claimed world's best mac & cheese. I've had better but it was still pretty good, a bit too mustardy for my taste though.


Giant vat of cheese in the mac & cheese place...couldn't decide if it was more interesting or appetite-eliminating.


By the shore outside the Public Market


Then we made our way to the infamous gum wall!! Count on my mom to find any useless but highly interesting fact: This is the second most germy and bacterial-filled tourist location in the world, beaten only by the Blarney Stone. Still super cool though. And colorful. We all added our own pieces of gum (very, very carefully).
Love how my mom's tongue is sticking out haha








Then we went to this other market...the one where they throw fish to you so you can say you "caught" your own fish. Dan and I found a sasquatch (we have an obsession).




We next ventured to a giant troll built under and overpass to keep stoners and hobos away.


Yes, that is a slug bug. So cool.


We finished out the day by going to Village Inn for some delicious pie. Love these two pictures I captured of my parents. Mom looks like she's about to cry.


And Daddy....priceless.



Ta-da!



1 comment:

  1. Hurray! A post! Seattle has such cool little sites! Although the gum wall kind of freaks me out. But still cool to say you have done it!

    ReplyDelete