Monday, June 18, 2012

"Graduation" Originally Posted 5.4.12

Commencement (Thursday, April 19) was horribly boring. And it was sweltering.


 I feel bad saying it was boring, because Elder Dallin H. Oaks spoke:


Conference addresses are much more...entertaining?...easy to pay attention to than graduation addresses I've realized. Especially when you're comfortable in an air-conditioned home rather than sitting on bleachers in the heat.

The next day (Friday, April 20) was convocation. In all of the graduation pictures my eyes look so puffy....probably because I had to be there at 7 AM and it started at 8. Boo. Here are the proofs that I got from the photographer's website...


 Here's a picture my mom snagged of me right after I walked across the stage
.



Lacey and I at college graduation and at high school graduation with Becca and Heather. Aw precioussss!!! (sorry it's blurry, click it to see it better if you care)




Ryan, Lacey, me, Dan


Our moms kept saying, "Do a kissy picture! Do a kissy picture!" So I did.


Okay, fine Moms.


High school/old ward friend, Laura Runyan


After graduation, Mom, Dad, Dan, Ashley and I went to Tucano's. There were several other graduates their with their families. The Tucano's employees thought it would be a good idea to make us stand up and give us instruments to play while they sang to us. We were supposed to dance too. Not happening. I was dying of embarrassment!!!




And then later, Mommy dearest wanted to take more posed photos in my cap and gown. Here we are in front of our first ever apartment together. Ours is the one right above our heads with the wreath on the door.





Dan gave me a pinecone! He is so sweet.





While my parents were up here, we also got ice cream with my brother Travis's current mission companion's parents (got that? haha..), and we got to go to lunch at his first companion/trainer, David Whiting's house. That is a horrible sentence but I'm too lazy to reword it. Elder Whiting just got back in January. He was super nice and I'm so glad Travis got the chance to serve with him. I can tell they both had a lot of good influence over each other.


Here's a picture of Travis and Elder Whiting during their first few weeks together on P-day:


And that's about it.
Dan and I are moving to Washington next week!!!! And haven't even started packing yet aagghh.

Oh yeah, and today is my last day working at BYU Independent Study. The last post I will ever do from my desk. The last day of weird smells, kind/crazy/irate customers, fun people, familiarity. I am so so sad. So happy. BITTERSWEET.

Right now at work, it smells like some freaking weird seasoning herbs and this super funky body odor that smells like a nasty bellybutton.

Tah tah!



No comments:

Post a Comment