Monday, June 18, 2012

"It's Official" Originally Posted 12.12.11

Dan and I signed a contract for the apartment we will be living in after we're married! We're pretty excited about it. Most married housing rent is anywhere from $600-750 per month but ours is only $500. I was worried with such low rent it would be a dump...but it's totally not. The only downsides:

-There is carpet in the kitchen (yuck)
-The bathroom is pink (as in the tub, toilet, sink)
-The bathroom tile is the little square-inch tile and one of the previous tenants replaced all the tile by the threshold to make it look like an entry mat and it says "John" (although I find that kind of funny)
-You can't have kids (though we're not planning on that super soon so it's alright)

The plusses:

-You get reimbursed for any upgrades you make. Dan still has hook-ups to free carpet from his old job so we could potentially make $200.
-It's super close to campus
-We already have friends in the ward (people I knew freshman year) and we've heard the ward is awesome and chill
-There's a lot of storage space
-The previous tenants are offering to sell us their washer and dryer for only $150 total
-The walls are painted nicely

I also finally sold my current contract. I suppose that's not official yet because nothing has been signed, but I talked to someone who said they would absolutely not back out and we're going to get it finalized on Saturday. Even though I'm not too worried I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't fall through. But I've had several other offers so even if it does I should still have back-ups.

In other news, Dan got an internship at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple doing facility management stuff. His first day was last Thursday. Next Saturday he'll be running it all by himself...after only 3-4 days of training. That means if there's anything wrong he's in charge of fixing it, and along with that he's the first respondent for security and health emergencies. Crazy stuff.

Finally........we're getting married two weeks from tomorrow!!!!! And finals suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment