Saturday, September 15, 2012

After an Extended Leave...

I am back.

I have a goal to update this blog more regularly a) to document our lives for our posterity/journal-keeping/families (and friends who care) and b) because when I wait for 2 or 3 months, I become highly unmotivated to update because too much has happened.

So I have decided instead of trying to catch up all at once, I will break it up into a few smaller posts, which is much more bearable for both myself and the reader.

A brief recap of what's happened since I last posted:

-My dear Momsy and Daddy came to visit us in Washington during the 4th of July and we had quite a few mini adventures.
-While in Washington, Dan and I took a weekend trip and went down to Portland (which smelled a great deal like urine), the Tillamook Cheese Factory, and up the coast. We discovered an amazing little Harry Potter Voldemort Horcrux cave like in the 5th book.
-We went on a ward camp-out with our ward in Washington which was quite fun. Our ward there was awesome. Probably my favorite ward I've ever been in aside from Madera Ward when I was in Young Women.
-Lance, Dan's brother, got home from his mission (Eugene, Oregon). He had a layover in Seattle on the way home so Dan and I went to meet him for an hour.
-We took a quick trip to Forks/LaPush, just to say we've been. (Dan was kind enough to humor me...more on this later.)
-We moved from Washington back to Utah....however our apartment wasn't available so we lived in Coalville with Dan's parents for several weeks.
-We went to Lagoon with our friends Mason and Wendy.
-I started a new job at a middle school in Provo as an Academic Support Aid. I work with students who are failing to help them raise their grades. Middle school is a LOT different than I remember it. Is it really necessary to stop in the middle of a ridiculously crowded hall and hug every single person multiple times?...
-Dan started his internship working for the property management group of some outlets in Park City.
-Dan started his last semester at BYU.
-We moved into our apartment in Provo. I guess I should say we are moving into our apartment in Provo. We are sleeping there but most of our stuff is still in storage.
-My parents submitted their mission papers! They should have their call within the next few weeks. They are just going on a 6-month mission so they will be back before my brother, Travis, gets home from HIS mission (Calgary, Canada).

Stay tuned for more posts and pictures!

Tah tah.

No comments:

Post a Comment