Tuesday, September 18, 2012

July Happenings

Dearest Mother and Father came to visit Dan and me in Washington for about a week. We had many adventures including nearly dying on the 4th of July, seeing much more than we ever wanted to see in Seattle, visiting the Seattle temple, and venturing through downtown Tacoma. Since I have a ridiculous amount of pictures from our trip to Seattle, I'm saving them for a different post. Right now you'll get everything else. :]

On the 4th of July some friends in our ward invited us (and several other families from the ward) to their house for a BBQ. I don't have any pictures of it but it was pretty fun.

We lived just off of Lake Tapps, and were privileged to be able to watch fireworks on the lakefront. Let me just say it was awesome. There is a family who lives on the lake who apparently just does a huge firework show every year...no tickets or fees. Just for fun. As such, anyone can go and watch. This included a drunk, half-naked man and his dog. Said drunk man was setting off his own fireworks really close to all of the people, which included infants and toddlers. One of said drunk man's aerial fireworks tipped over right before it shot off, so the firework shot right into the group of people. It was literally about an inch from my foot and I thought for a second that my bag had gotten hit. Everyone was jumping up and moving around and laying down, shielding their pregnant wives and their children. Literally. So crazy.

Anyways, here's a few pictures from the night.







Mom, Dad and I went to the Seattle temple one day. Unfortunately Dan was at work.


Mom loves her purple flowers. :]



Another day, during which Dan was again working, we decided to go tour downtown Tacoma. We found some pretty neat things.


We made a pit stop in the City Hall and found some awesome decorations inside. A lot of Chihuly. I've discovered Washington is big on Chihuly...more to come in my Seattle post.






Some random art on the wall, which weirdly reminded me of an exotic alphabet, though it was not. I loved this picture of my Dad looking at it. He's so cute.


Lovely parents.




This was called the Glass Bridge. It was basically a huge shelf of Chihuly on a freeway overpass.





Please don't mind my face.


Some boys were crab fishing (is that what it's called?) and kept pulling small net-fulls of crabs onto the dock and then throwing them back in the water.




And so concludes the non-Seattle part of my parents' visit!

Other happenings during July:

I saw a raccoon in our backyard.


We went bowling and this dude got a turkey.


I dyed my hair dark. It hasn't been this dark since I was 18 (although it's faded quite a bit now).

Showing how much my hair grew out since I dyed it in December 2011 for our wedding. Four inches in seven months, not too bad right? If only the ends never split...oh well. (Here's my natural color since it seems many people I now know have never seen it...which is weird haha. Hasn't been my natural color since I was 18. I feel like P!nk or something, just not as bizarre.)


Before...


After...


El fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment