Friday, November 23, 2012

Wrapping Up the Summer

Dan's brother Lance was serving his mission in Eugene, Oregon. He finished his mission in August and for some reason had a layover in Seattle. So we decided to go meet him there. Please note Dan and I wearing our Bigfoot shirts (we got one for Lance, too).


Dan's Uncle Wayne and Aunt Sally live in Washington and were in the Seattle area that day, so they came to say hi too then took Dan and me out to lunch. After lunch, we headed to Forks. Yes, I have read the Twilight series but the 4th book completely killed it for me. So I no longer consider myself a fan of Twilight by any means, but was still curious to see Forks and La Push because of how cool they sounded.
We took a ferry to get there. It was pretty neat.







Partway through the ferry ride we got back in our car and turned on the GPS. Our car was swimming!


We got to Forks. It's basically a dump. Nothing worthwhile to see but I snapped a few pictures anyways.


Took this picture for Katherine..."Where vampires and werewolves are welcome...and shirts are optional!" Uhhh..


This is the house (which is now a hotel) that Stephanie Meyer based the Cullen's house on. I thought it was going to be this big majestic thing, and I'd heard that it really was in the middle of a forest and not many people knew about it. False on both accounts. Looked like a regular house and was in the middle of a neighborhood.


Heading to La Push, which was also lame.



So the Forks trip was a big letdown, but at least now I won't wonder what it's like.

In August we also had a ward campout which was pretty fun. We had to take all of our stuff to our tent (or our TEEPEE!!) by handcart. Here's my cute husband pulling our stuff.




We were lucky to get to sleep in one of the teepees!



At the campout they had a lot of activities like canoeing, rope-swinging, biking, and a sort of tubing...it was basically a huge slip-n-slide the size of a small hill and you could rent an innertube to go down it. We went canoeing and did the rope swing.





Finally, leaving Washington. This is the house where we stayed. 


Good bye!


2 comments:

  1. Haha, Big Foot. My father-in-law is a HUGE big foot believer and my hubby has me watching Finding Big Foot episodes now. Pretty entertaining. Looks like a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Big Foot! Was it you who posted the Big Foot in Provo Canyon video?? That gives me nightmares!!

    And oh my gosh, Forks and La Push are laughably lame. Like, that can't be real!! It has to be a joke!! Also, that house doesn't look anything at all like the house she posted pics from on her website that was her inspiration. Or maybe I am getting that confused with the house they actually used in the movie...like you, it's been awhile since I cared about Twilight. Although I really appreciated the picture included for Katherine, hahaha.

    New life goal: Camp in a teepee.

    ReplyDelete