Friday, April 26, 2013

Worshington Life

I've discovered something about myself: As much as I like to think that I love to blog, I actually despise it. I mean, I like recording all of our happenings and such but honestly, uploading pictures is a pain in the butt (Blogger couldn't be any more difficult. Actually it could so nevermind), and when I haven't blogged in a while there's always this little tiny "blog! blog!" weight in the back of my mind that starts suffocating my brain until I cave and spend a ridiculous amount of time uploading pictures and yadda yadda yadda. And I still haven't even covered December yet! Maybe not even November! Oh well, those will happen. Eventually.

So for now, I'm just going to update what I can. And these are only the pictures off of my phone. There are still a bunch of pictures on my old camera, Dan's camera, and my new amazing Nikon D3000 that Dan and my parents got me for my birthday. So those will come. Maybe in a few months.

While we've been in Washington, we've been enjoying the lovely scenery.


And the biggest flock of birds known to mankind. This only pictures literally about 1/20 of the whole flock. It stretched for about a quarter of a mile and was on both sides of the road, in the parking lot where I was standing, and perched on top of the mall behind me.





For Valentine's Day, Dan got me chocolates and flowers and a card. I got Dan new shoelaces and....something else that I can't remember what....and made that lovely Gollum "Be My Precious" card for him. We didn't do anything fancy, just stayed home and ate mac & cheese and watched What Happens in Vegas.


Dan played a lot of church ball. They almost made it to the playoffs! He's the blue guy closest to the camera in case you couldn't tell.


One Sunday my hair decided to be the coolest, perfect ponytail so I had to photograph it. And it has never done it since. (I had my hair curled the day before, but I've still never been able to recreate this on any other day-after-curl day.)


We bought a new filing cabinet and Dan finally put to use the label maker my Aunt Cindy and cousin Ali got us for our wedding. I love that he made a folder for the notes I write him. I thought the hearts were cute and told him so, then he said, "I thought about putting an alligator around it, but decided I should use hearts instead." Hahahah. (Sorry if you follow my instagram and already have seen half these pictures.)


I hate seafood. I saw these weird chocolates that looked like fish at Walmart, so I thought it would be funny to get some for Easter and tell Dan that as a surprise, I would eat fish for dinner.


I also attempted these Easter bunny rolls that I saw on Pinterest but mine looked stupid.


Enjoying spring




We decided not to get cable (or basic cable) so everything we watch is via my computer hooked up to the TV. The only downside of this is that depending on the website, sometimes my computer will go to sleep in the middle of whatever we're watching so we have to get up and wiggle the mouse to get the picture to pop back up. This happened repeatedly during General Conference (which was fabulous) and one time I said to Dan, "Will you wiggle the mouse?" He replied, "Yes, I will wiggle a mouse." So I drew a picture of what popped into my head. (And he told me that's what he was going for.)


I have been on a SMOOTHIE kick lately. Green smoothies. I freaking love Jamba Juice, an addiction I formed thanks to my friend Travis Birch when I lived in AZ. Between the fact that the closest Jamba is about 5 miles away (I've been so spoiled!! In AZ there were 2 Jambas within like 3 miles of my house and there were 2 Jambas on BYU campus with one more that was so close it may as well have been on campus!!) and going there multiple times a week adds up, I needed to find a substitute. And I knew, thanks to the huge green smoothie fad, that green smoothies are quite healthy. So I've been cutting  up fruit and kale and freezing it so I can blend it with Greek yogurt EVERY SINGLE DAY. And it is SO GOOD.


I got a job!! Finally! I'm going to be a receptionist at a company called Supervalu, a worldwide grocery distributor. I'll be working in Tacoma. Starting Monday. Dan wanted to see where I work so we drove down and discovered that in addition to the one warehouse I knew was at this branch, there were also 2 other ones and a massive Supervalu building. Kind of intimidated me. But I'm excited. Anyways, my work is right by the port and right in the middle of a huge cargo area. So we drove around and followed some signs to a view point, which led us to a tall tower where we had these amazing views!





Last Saturday Dan and I went to the spring fair in Puyallup. It is so important here that the website is literally thefair.com . It must be really important if the Puyallup fair is THE FAIR in the whole world. Did that make sense?

Anyways, I made a lot of animal friends there and tried not to think about the food they would soon become.

Here's Wilbur. Look at how adorable and perfect his snout is!!! Almost as cute as Scruffy's.


And this is me, obviously not becoming food**:


Goaty 1:


Goaty 2:


I found out I am a goat whisperer! Whenever I'd walk to the fence the goats would flock to me!

The oldest cow Dan and I have ever seen, which is saying something given that Dan's dad has raised cows his whole life. This cow is 24 years old (older than both Dan and I!) and her name was Jessica. I am morally opposed to naming animals human names, but I'll let this one slide since she's probably a great-great-great-great-great-great grandma.


Lamby:


All the animals liked to poke their noses out and sniff my bag for some reason.

There was a reptile section and a bunch of kids were in line to hold this gator. Being the creeper that I am, I took this photo of this random child A) to see the gator and B) because he had the funniest face on the whole time.


Dan and I sharing our oh-so-delicious funnel cake.


We went into a building at the fair where they had a ton of booths. Some nice lady with a babooshka accent somehow (kindly) trapped me into taking a stress test, which involved holding onto two short metal pipes and having me answer a series of questions while monitoring a scale thing. It was weird and highly inaccurate. Anyways, while I was being sidetracked, Dan disappeared. And then I found him.


At the fair I also got to witness my first demolition derby! It was so cool. And super smelly. Burnt rubber is not one of my favorites. So many tires literally melted off of the wheels, it was crazy.




And the night ended with fireworks! Fireworks that were so close that police had to direct us where to walk to avoid getting firework-rained upon, even though that didn't completely prevent it.


We didn't go on either of these.


Lacey's birthday is this Saturday and I crocheted her some mushroom oven mitts. So hopefully she doens't read this post before they arrive to her, but if she does....Surprise Lacey!


And today, a lovely butterfly landed on our screen door and chilled there for half an hour.



Well, that's it for now. So long.



**On our first date back in December 2010, Dan took a picture of me and I was (and still am) convinced that I looked like a camel in the picture. There have been several photographs of me since then where I have appeared camelesque. Dan told me I should take a picture of the camel and send it to my dad with the caption: "I had a self-portrait done today." Which I did. Dan and my dad have a running joke any time I am in a picture about, "Oh no! Do you look like a camel?" Or any number of other things I think I look like (which include a dog, Play-Doh, a man, a squid, the Grinch [Jim Carrey version], the hooka-smoking caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland, a squat barrel cactus, and sometimes my nose looks like an alien wearing a pencil skirt). Anyways, said camel picture from first date:


2 comments:

  1. Oh Boatman, how you make me laugh! I particularly liked your creeper photo with the gator and the little boy! Also, I don't know about the others but I can see your point about your resemblance to the grinch and the caterpillar, but only when you do your insane frown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOOOOOTALLY see the camel. And now for several thoughts that popped into my head while reading this lovely, humorous, and heartwarming post!!

    1. Blogging is like a clingly boyfriend. That you have a serious love/hate relationship with. At least that's my opinion on the subject.

    2. Washington is beautiful, I want to visit!

    3. Sometimes the best Valentine's Days are the ones you stay in! But I'm kind of a homebody, so of course I think that.

    4. That bunny is like the epitome of pinterest projects. Not all of them, but part of me wants to know what steps these people are leaving out of their recipes/tutorials for my version to look as sad as it does! I'm sure that bunny bun still tasted delicious though, and it's what's on the inside that counts!

    5. I miss your drawings, they always bring a smile to my face!

    6. Jamba juice has been my pregnancy craving. Obviously we are friends of destiny.

    7. I enjoyed reading the word "babooshka" on this blog far too much. And immediately remembered our first night as babooshkas searching for Dmitri!!!

    8. Happy Birthday Lacey!! Those oven mitts are the bomb.com

    9. I loved every. single. picture. And also, I forgot to put it in there above, but that is seriously the most awesome pony tail in the history of ever.

    10. I miss you and I'm so sorry this was the world' longest comment, but it had to be done!! I love you Sharon Boatman-Chappell-Babooshka!

    ReplyDelete