Wednesday, December 5, 2012

And More

I really need to update more about our life but have been so busy lately, and uploading pictures drives me nuts. So until I find time to do that, I'll entertain with a few more middle school happenings.

First I'll give a quick update. Dan's last day of class is today then all he has left are finals and the rest of his independent study class and he will be done with his bachelor's! We are so excited. I decided to apply to the MSW program at BYU. The application is due January 15 and one of the prereqs is Intro to Social Work...which I never took. So I enrolled in the Independent Study version of the course and am trying to do the whole thing by the end of December. Needless to say I am going crazy. As Dan is graduating and will no longer be a full-time student, we have to move out of our apartment in 2 weeks. We have no clue where we're going yet. Yay. Other than that things are good.

The children:

"Fragnabbers!"
"...What are fragnabbers?"

"It smells like girl lotion that's apple."

"Freakin' banaynays calm down!"

One student hands another student a play-do-like substance and says: "Take it. Squish it. Love it."

Ms. M: "You should be able to do these graphs in your sleep by now."
S: "I DO do them in my sleep!"
Ms. M: "S, you do everything in your sleep in this class." AMEN!!!

Student: "It's dark in here."
Mrs. R: "Yeah, 'cause it's darker outside today."
Student, in lovey dovey voice: "...Perfect vampire weather..."

Student was asked to complete a problem on the board that was written too high for her to reach. Mrs. R says, "I can find someone taller than you to do the problem if you can't do it." A different student says, "Mrs. R, I should complain to the short people agency about you."

I was marking down students' scores yesterday. One girl had written on her paper:
Mental
Abuse
To
Humans

Yesterday. B is talking to J while Mr. B is teaching.
Mr. B: "B, are you just going to distract J all class period??"
B and J, in the oh-no-we-were-caught voice: "What?"
J, thinking this would explain and excuse his talking: "I have pink eye."
Mr. B: "What?? Is it contagious?"
J: "I don't know, but my flu is."
Great. I touched his pencil a few hours before.


1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Dan! And to you for deciding to apply for your masters!! So awesome!

    Mental Abuse to Humans, about sums up my feelings on math too!! Haha these kids are so funny!!

    ReplyDelete