Saturday, December 8, 2012

September

As Dan and I lived in Coalville but he schooled/I worked in Provo, we did a lot of commuting for a month (2 hours each day--Coalville is about 30 minutes past Park City). This meant that in order to make it to work by 7:50, I often had to get up at 5 AM which was basically death. A lot of times I left while it was still dark. The perk of this horrible, early-morning commute, however, was that I got to be the lucky viewer of many beautiful sunrises.





Dan and I at an event his work participated in:


Dan also turned 24 in September! I asked what kind of cake he wanted and he replied, "You know know those dirt cups with Oreos and worms in them? I want that, but as a cake." So here was his dirt cake.


I had planned a surprise party for him at the park that involved water balloons. When we arrived, everyone jumped out from behind trees and garbage cans and attacked him with the water balloons.



(Dan's creation)


Some of the people who came. Left to right: Katherine, Anna, friend of Sarah's whose name I do not recall, Sarah, me, Dan, Mason, Wendy, Charles, Lance (Dan's brother). Amy, Charles's wife, was taking the picture. And Ashley and our friend Jonny was there but had to leave early.


A bunch of kids were there and had set up a huge slip-n-slide, which they basically insisted on sharing with us. So we did it. Wendy has a ton of awesome pictures (and a hysterical movie) from this, so I'll have to post those later when I get them from her.
Dan going down:



Mason knee surfing


Anna (back), Katherine (middle), me (front)


Updated (2 pics from Wendy):



In September, we also went to several BYU football games. I love the atmosphere of the games, even if I completely SUCK at following what's going on!



Ashley, Karlyn and I went to the Toyota Big A** Show which featured some of my favorite bands--AWOL Nation and Imagine Dragons, as well as Grouplove and several other bands that I've already forgotten were there. Anyways, it was in the Gallivan Center near the new City Creek Mall. We cut through the mall to get there and I had to snag a picture of Ashley by the super creepy headless unicorn mannequin in...Nordstrom?


Picture stolen from Karlyn's Facebook.


We also moved back to Provo in September. The end.



4 comments: