Wednesday, January 2, 2013

October

Quick overview of October...

Dan and I set each other's eye as our phone background

 Love these little leaf bugs I sometimes see around Provo

 During my middle school's fall break, Ashley, Dan and I made a quick trip down to AZ.
Hung out with Celesta and Becca (forgot to take a pic before Becca left!)

 Grandma was living with Mom and Dad. Since Mom and Dad are going on a mission and Aunt Donna is unable to take care of Grandma while she's teaching full-time, we put Grandma into an assisted living facility that is run by LDS people. She really likes it there. Anyways, while she lived with my parents we did a lot of puzzles!


This chihuahua Dan is holding is my Grandma's little yipee dog, Leo (or as she often calls him, Louie. She has dementia and can be pretty forgetful sometimes). Leo snarls and snarls and barks and growls and sometimes even bites when a new person comes around, especially a man. But once he realizes you are not there to kill him or his family, he's really sweet and cuddly. A lady at my dad's work found him abandoned with broken hips. We think he was abused and his owner (probably a man because he HATES most men) kicked him. Poor dog. My grandma was really lonely so my mom and aunt decided she needed a little pet, so the lady offered to let us have the chihuahua. He has been great company for Grandma.

Scruffy!!! :]
Sad story--Dan and I are currently at the Grand Canyon on our way back to Utah from Arizona. This last week we were there (and a few weeks previous), Scruffy has been drinking water like a mad-man. Tons of water. I googled something along the lines of "why is my dog all of a sudden drinking a ton of water" and none of the results were good. Most said that this is often the sign of a serious disease, usually either diabetes, kidney or liver failure, or Addison's or Cushing's disease (both of which have to do with the adrenal gland).  Scruffy has several fatty tumors. Not cancerous just huge fat deposits. One is on his upper chest right by his neck, where his adrenal gland is, and one is in his pelvic area by his kidneys. So things don't look super good :[ I talked to my mom about this yesterday and she said she'd been worried about it and had been planning on taking him to the vet before they head to the MTC (they report Jan 14 but are heading up on the 9th). She said that if he does have one of these diseases, she doesn't want to burden Donna with handling it while they're gone (she was going to watch Scruffy) so there's a 50-50 chance that my parents will have to put Scruffy down within the next week or so. :[ I am so sad and had a long, long, looonng cry yesterday hah. But there's still a 50-50 chance he'll be okay for the 6 months they're on their mission (in Little Rock, Arkansas). The end.


Ashley (and I) waiting in the car while Dan was in Discount Tire figuring out tires. One of my front tires was really balding, so much so that there was almost no tread left in the middle. Before we drove down to AZ Dan looked at it and said he thought it was fine but decided we needed to change it before we headed back up. Long story short, we're very blessed we didn't have a blow out on the way down, and we delayed leaving back to UT for an hour or so to get 2 new tires put on the car.

Dan and I outside Discount Tire with a happy birthday sign for Travis Birch on his mission (his dad compiled pictures of all his friends wishing him a happy birthday). We are really hardcore. :]

Pit stop at McDonald's. Dan really wanted to win the Monopoly game. 



And now a ton of fall pictures.



















City of Provo


1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry about Scruffy!! My parents just gave up our dog to a shelter a couple months ago and it was so hard! =( Sending you long-distance hugs, my babooshka!

    ReplyDelete