Wednesday, January 9, 2013

News

The Bad
-My grandma gave me her laptop because she no longer used it. This was wonderful as, like I've mentioned, my laptop had completely dysfunctional hinges. However, a few nights ago my grandma's computer CRASHED. I took it to a very tech-savvy friend and he, to my dismay, confirmed that there is no hope remaining for my hard drive. As such, I lost all of my pictures. Boo. Always need to back up pictures. Lesson learned. Thankfully I have a lot of pictures on this blog. But the month of November has basically disappeared. I have always had such a ridiculously hard time bringing myself to delete pictures off my camera's memory card (I never know when I'll need access to a picture!), so it's finally a blessing and I still have a few of my favorites. But everything else is gone.

-Since my computer is dead and Dan is renting his computer (and returning it within a week), I may not blog for quite a while.

The Good
-I still have my old dumb-hinged computer, my friend said I could take that hard drive out and put it in my Grandma's computer. So hopefully I won't be computerless for too long.

The Good
-Dan got a job offer from Boeing. So we will be MOVING to Washington next week! I'm much more excited this time around.

The Bad
-We decided to move into a nice apartment complex that was in the same ward we were in over the summer. However, we just found out that the complex is not even in the same stake anymore. And we (I) really want to move back into that ward.

The Good
-We found a fourplex that is in the ward boundaries and one of the units is available. So we are applying.

-This unit has two rooms (the complex we were going to move into had one), and rent is $50 cheaper. It also has a dishwasher and washer/dryer hookups. From the pictures on craigslist it looks pretty good. We're hoping it doesn't turn out otherwise.

The Bad
-Since we're moving to Washington, that means I will no longer be at my middle school. That means there will be no more entertainment from the young'uns. I will miss them dearly!!

The Good
-I do have a few more hilarious stories to post about them.

The Bad
-Upon accepting the job with Boeing, Dan needed to provide proof of graduation. Since we had previously been told there were no jobs available with Boeing, we decided Dan didn't need to stress to finish his Independent Study class before the December graduation deadline. Needless to say, Dan has been working with great intensity to finish that class over the last few weeks so that he could have completed transcripts.

The Good
-He finished! And got a good grade! He has completed transcripts!

The Bad
-The advisors told Dan that he would not officially receive his degree until April since he finished his class a little later than the graduation deadline, but that he could still have completed transcripts and a personal letter saying he'd met all of the graduation requirements. Two people from Boeing said this would be alright, but we still have been nervous about it not working out for some reason.

The Good
-Dan just found out today that somehow, his Independent Study grade posted on the Fall Semester transcript, so he officially graduate in December! No more stress about official proof.


So, until I get the computer situation figured out, my posts may be sparse(er than usual).

In other news, my parents are driving to Provo as we speak to enter the MTC! They report on the 14th but are coming up early to visit with family and friends. I can't remember if I posted it or not but they are going to Little Rock, Arkansas and it's a 6-month mission, so they will be back before Travis gets back from his mission.

The end.


2 comments:

  1. Best wishes with your new adventure. Keep posting so we know what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for Dan!! My Grandma is from Arkansas! I hope you get a working computer soon! Good luck on all your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete